View Single Post

May 10th, 2007, 23:31
Is doesn't say anywhere that Bethesda new, but like when my company bought the plant, they asked. The question what does bethesda stand to lose by allowing the pnp game to be released?

Factually, this is all we know:

They are stating that Interplay never had the rights to license a Pen and Paper to GCG under their license of Fallout from 2004 before the purchase of the IP, and makes claims against GCG that it may damage the Fallout brand and forecoming Fallout 3 release by linking the two.
They are stating that what they stand to lose is damage to the IP's brand, by allowing a company to release a finished product. Do you believe this is true? Do you believe that people that put a lot of hard work into a product should get a cock shoved up their ass right before shipping because the only thing a company stands to lose is brand?

We could say that the biggest lose of the FO brand is Bethesda purchase of the IP, and bethesda tying their name to what used to be a good, solid, crpg brand that they will destroy and drag its good name through the mud.

Its a prick move. Maybe bethesda is well within their rights to have an injunction placed against them, but being within your rights doesn't make you right. Maybe you enjoy doing business with a company that engages in business in this way. I would be all dramatic and say I won't by fake fallout over this, but I was never going to buy it anyway so I'll skip it, but I'm going to wait, and bide my time until you make a negative post that points out unethical practices of some other business you don't like, then I'll drag this topic up. I only forget important or useful things; I'll remember this forever. So watch out, when the opportunity is right and I bring this up to point out your future hypocrisy, I have a feeling that you are going to feel quite silly.

roqua

Sentinel