View Single Post

May 10th, 2007, 23:43
Yes, they do. But the point really is when Interplay allowed GCG to make a Fallout
d20 game. If it was done pre 2004, although not in writing, this could be an indication that Bethesda doesn't have very good legal case. If it was done in 2004, or even 2005, after Interplay licensed the rights to make Fallout 3 game to Bethesda, then Bethesday might have a better case., legally.

Apparently, Interplay did only give make a legal contract with GCG in 2006. And what I still don't understand is why Bethsoft/Zenimax didn't act then, and told GCG to 'cease & decist' in 2006, so that GCG's hard work hadn't been in vain? Or maybe Betheda & Zenimax just want GCG to hand over their Fallout PnP game, so that they can release it in year or two, claiming it as their own. (bethesda's, that is).

I agree that this means that the Legal Department is all over the place, earning their keep. Sadly, this means that they do this. I have always thought that a polite enquiry to say GCG were a far more fair way to go. People are normally not that hard to convince into a deal that benefits both parties, in this case, the parties being GCG and Bethesda/Zenimax.

aries100

Watcher
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor