View Single Post

May 11th, 2007, 19:35
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I started out using horses a lot in Sacred, but after I reached a certain point I needed the special abilities that I just couldn't use while mounted(higher difficulties especially). I still don't think it adds a whole lot to the game - I doubt many gamers would be devestated if the horses weren't there. Horses, especially the combat part, takes a lot of work to get right. There are quite a few balancing issues related to it, and from my point of view, the effort needed makes it a waste.

In general, there are more important things to worry about.
I'm suppose I'm a bit slanted as I used a Battle Mage who gets to use pretty much all his heavy artillery from horseback and is more effective/faster with his sword chops to boot.

It's a tough call on whether it's worth it. Obviously, I have no idea what percentage Ascaron spent on honing the horse riding, but I can say that I found it an important element in setting Sacred apart from it's action-RPG competitors.

Originally Posted by txa1265
I'm now officially banned from complaining about the time it takes to traverse areas in Sacred
Hear! Hear! BANNED!

chamr

Mounted Highborn