View Single Post

May 14th, 2007, 15:25
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
In the face of all the criticism over Patrick Stewart, Bethesda is turning around and doing the same thing again without providing any reassurances to fans. I'd say there's reason to be concerned.
Where was all this criticism? I've read almost all the major reviews for Oblivion and nobody really criticized the fact that Patrick Stewart did the voice of the emporer. The only place you hear such "criticism" is from the whiner sites. You
know the ones I'm talking about. These sites had made up their minds to hate
Oblivion before it even came out. Patrick Stewart was just a convenient hook for
the whiners to start venting.

Could Oblivion have used more voice actors? Assuredly. It doesn't really detract
from the game that much though. In a game with over 1000 NPC's there is going to be repetition, even if you use 50 voice actors. I'm replaying Oblvion for the umpteenth time and I still enjoy it. The voice acting is well done even though they could use a few more actors to voice all the main characters. I keep finding new stuff that I had missed in earlier play throughs. One of my funniest moments this time was finding a drowned troll who wrote a suicide note. He killed himself because nobody found him "sceary enough" and wouldn't pay the bridge toll

I'm really looking forward to Fallout 3. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion, even though they're a different vision than the one I had for the games before they came out. Just because they didn't make the Morrowind I envisioned, it didn't stop me from enjoying the game that actually came out.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor