View Single Post

May 15th, 2007, 13:24
Originally Posted by Shov View Post
They just tested 2 last week, both were direct hits. This stuff has been tested/developed over the last 20 years or so, several of those years had actual battlefield testing. They are getting more acurate than most might think. The Russian version is currently about 60% effective.
They tested the latest AEGIS defense a few weeks back 10 times and it worked 8 out of 10 times and this was with 2 simultaneous missiles. But, trust me, a real situation would have a far lower rate of success and what happens if they fire 3 missiles or even more!!

Originally Posted by Brother None
What makes you think those exist in the Fallout universe? ICBMs have never been confirmed, nor much of any other type of nuclear missile.
I said short range missiles not ICBM's and I would just giving an example of how it would be possible given the current defenses the US employs. You could then also say the same about the defenses of the white house, who is to say they would even exist in the Fallout time-line, so like you said a bomb could easily be dropped. My point was it is possible.

Given that the Hubologists use a shuttle in fallout 2 and that fact that there is a truck that carries a nuclear warhead in fallout tactics I would say it is pretty certain that Missile technology exists. I am also pretty sure there is something along those lines in the sierra army base in fallout 2 but I would have to check to be sure.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch