Thread: Dark Messiah
View Single Post

October 25th, 2006, 21:12
@Moriendor and CelesteGB: I've played the demo quite a bit and I must say that while the novelty of various options for death dealing may wear off after a while simply clicking your opponents into submission is not really a viable means of achieving victory. They will parry light blows, counter attack when opportune, use tactics when possible, and attack with decisive and effective action. I'm not trying to say that every fight will be a fight for survival, or that you will have to be proficient in 12 forms of martial arts prior to engaging an orc. Really, I just want you to know that the combat and scripted sequencing in the game will not disappoint, well inasmuch as the demo shows me. As far as I am concerned if the demo provides an accurate depiction of how the full version will play I am sold. I don't work for Arkane and I don't own any of their stock, I'm just writing this because I think that missing out on this would be a tragic loss of good nerdy fun. Seriously, I love stabbing orcs just as much as the next guy here; but I've never enjoyed doing so this much. Aside form BOD that is… Just give the demo a shot, then buy the game!!!

lostnumber

Watchdog