View Single Post

May 25th, 2007, 21:18
Some good combat concepts explained here, especially fitting the animations into the party turns. This is one of the dev' diaries better topics from an "informing the gamers" point of view compared to say the Tatzelwurm topic (dev-diary #6) and other graphics related topics, because ever-evolving combat techniques are becoming more important where strategy moves/logic is concerned.

At first i wasn't so sure about the "filling animations" where waving a sword in the air to appear active while the differing animation lengths run their turn but if it works and doesn't look over conspicuous then it's hard to think of a better 'fill-in' method considering the complexities.

I suspect (but i could be wrong) that a "chance" dice throw or other random anti-equalising algorithm is needed where any double hot spot times are encountered as there must always be one timed animation stroke between two combatants which takes priority….some animations may be allowed to 'overlap'….certainly interesting encounter-animation info'.

Wulf

Inquisitor