View Single Post

June 7th, 2007, 21:49
I have never had a problem with StarForce either… I think… I once had a very weird problem with my system where a partition just disappeared when StarForce was installed but there's no way telling if it really was SF alone or if there was some other problem involved with it.

Anyway, the reason why I consider SF a "supreme evil" is that they are complete assholes. Anyone remember the Stardock affair (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145864.html)?
Stardock is the developer of Galactic Civilizations. They have no copy protection on any of their games at all but are still very successful thanks to great product quality and superior support of their games.
When the makers of SF were confronted with the fact that games without copy protection can be very successful as well, they posted links to torrents of Stardock's games (Gal Civ 2) to their forums to make a point how/where games without copy protection end up.

Sorry, but I'm not even indirectly ever going to support these fu… again by purchasing a SF-infested game. That was as low as it gets.
Besides, there's always a minimum risk left of a system/hardware failure since no one really seems to know how "bad" SF is exactly.

Moriendor

Spielkind