View Single Post

October 27th, 2006, 07:05
Originally Posted by Peter Stauffenberg View Post
Charisma is the paladin's best so it should be as high as possible. There are many reasons for that.

So a paladin should maximize his charisma attribute when creating his character. Only spending 4 build points and give CHA 12 (CHA 14 as an Aasimar) is not what I would recommend. What makes a paladin great is his charisma attribute as I showed above.
I had forgotten you could raise an attribute to 14 without increasing the point cost. I would increase it to 14(+2 = 16). I do tend to play more melee orientated characters and I would probably pick up 5 levels of divine champion as soon as it is available.

Originally Posted by Peter Stauffenberg View Post
9th level: Improved critical (longsword) unless you have a great longsword with the keen ability. Keen does NOT stack with improved critical in NWN2. It did stack in NWN1.
Does keen stack with the Ki critical feat (weapon master)? I thought that was the only change they made to the keen property.

I thought it would be interesting after reading Peters build if everyone would type up their own builds:

Mine is a Chaotic Neutral Tiefling

Str 10 (2bp) (A more melee orientated build would increase str/con by +2)
Dex 20 (16bp)
Con 10 (2bp)
Wis 8 (0bp)
Int 18 (10bp) (-2 for +2 str/con if required)
Cha 6 (0bp)

Level 20 (Tiefling level 19): Rogue 10/Wizard 5/Arcane Trickester 4.

This character would have a +7d6 sneak attack and be able to perform all the services of a rogue for the party. This character is intended to level up as a wizard first, then pick up 5 levels of Rogue and then level as a Trickster and by Level 14 would be casting 5th level spells. The main strength of this character is the huge amount of skill points it will get as a high intelligence rogue, while the main weakness is a lack of feats, as such it would be best to focus feats to a single spell school. Dodge and Mobility are essential to this class as it is intended to cast spells at point blank range. Weapon Finesse is essential also.
Last edited by bjon045; October 27th, 2006 at 07:59.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch