View Single Post

June 22nd, 2007, 16:26
It's not censorship. It's called "drawing the line." What if a game came out where the object was to kill babies or rape little children? Should that be allowed? There has to be a line drawn somewhere as to what should be allowed and what shouldn't. And don't mention movies. You don't control the action in a movie. You simply watch.

To be honest, I simply don't get the fascination with gore in games OR movies. It adds absolutely nothing to gameplay. Like when Sacred first game out. The US version had gore removed. People were bitching. I have both versions. I will admit there was no reason to remove the gore because it WAS minor, but at the same time I saw no reason for it to be in the game to begin with. It did nothing as far as gameplay, which is all I care about. And the scariest movies I ever saw did not show the actual killing. It left it up to your imagination.

What they should have done was told Rockstar to tone down the gore in order for them to allow the game. If Rockstar refused, then ban it. That's my opinion anyways.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor