View Single Post

June 27th, 2007, 03:38
Thanks Dhruin for posting this. This was quite a bizarre find. I was only looking for a Wizfix as my party got themselves killed int he level 4 pits of the proving grounds. But then I find this as well.

I hope my summary is accurate because there's some legal nuances in the language that I know I'm missing. For example the Judge's summary says in the first appeal Greenberg failed to present the case but the footnote gives details that not only did he but he brought up another point of the complaint.

Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
ummm… quite confusing.. someone bought sir-techs license in Japan?
Wizardry was a huge hit in Japan when they brought the game to the NES. They branched off with their own "Japanese Wizardry's". Some say it was even the inspiration for Dragon Quest.

The question I'd like to know then is Greenberg getting royalties for those? They don't sell them in the United States obviously but the money is going somewhere.

Ian Currie was known to lurk on the .Dot boards so I'm curious to hear his side of the story.

I'd also like to if this is it and if Greenberg and Sir-Tech have reached a settlement of sorts. I might try and see if I can get an interview with either of the respected parties.

Sir Tech Canada is still around in name, re: the Jagged Alliance 3D fiasco but I think most of the company are working for Strategy First or EA, Canada in Montreal.

I'm thinking these are Appelate decisions and they can still be taken to the State Supreme court so there may still be legal maneuvering going on.

14 years just for the man to get the royalties for the game he made…geesh

Lucky Day

Daywatch