View Single Post

July 13th, 2007, 20:55
Fallout 1 and 2 are just as playable now as they ever were. I really do not get the statements that argue the game is no longer playable. Some old games aren't as good now as they were way back when, but there's noting in Fallout that condemns it to being an artifact of the past.
The only complaint I can understand is that the game engine isn't as agile or flexible as more modern games, but that takes not even 10 minutes worth of getting used to, and there's so much good stuff that outshines most, if not all, modern games, so that some awkward engine or interface issues really pale in comparison.

The Van Buren tech demo was pretty rough, and far more unplayable than FO1 and FO2, but with polish and refining that comes with the development process, I'm pretty sure it would've done quite well as a game.

You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.

Gallifrey

Keeper Of Traken