View Single Post

July 25th, 2007, 17:18
Originally Posted by aries100 View Post
I wrote a very polite letter to the Editor, saying that to me, at least G3, was as good a game as Oblivion was. And that Oblivion also did have bugs in it, also quest-breaking bugs. And while the reviewer for Oblivion let that slide by easily, the G3's reviewer didn't. This simply isn't a fair way of doing reviews, imo.
There is a matter of degree and frequency involved here. Gothic 3 had at least as much potential as Oblivion, if not a whole lot more, but it was rendered at times unplayable by bugs. Bugs in the scripting, bugs in the engine, bugs in the basic gameplay, bugs, bugs, bugs. I played all the way through the original Oblivion release, no patches, over the course of a month or so and never hit a single bug. I ran into bugs in Gothic 3 in the first minutes I played and then almost continuously afterward. I was willing to put up with them, to a point, because I could see the shiny gem of a game buried in there. But I eventually gave up on Gothic 3 after a few weeks hoping that some day it would be fixed up. And my experience with both games is not unusual.
Last edited by BillSeurer; July 25th, 2007 at 17:28.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator