View Single Post

July 25th, 2007, 18:32
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
There is a matter of degree and frequency involved here. Gothic 3 had at least as much potential as Oblivion, if not a whole lot more, but it was rendered at times unplayable by bugs. Bugs in the scripting, bugs in the engine, bugs in the basic gameplay, bugs, bugs, bugs. I played all the way through the original Oblivion release, no patches, over the course of a month or so and never hit a single bug. I ran into bugs in Gothic 3 in the first minutes I played and then almost continuously afterward. I was willing to put up with them, to a point, because I could see the shiny gem of a game buried in there. But I eventually gave up on Gothic 3 after a few weeks hoping that some day it would be fixed up. And my experience with both games is not unusual.
Eventually, I did buy the CE of Gothic 3. And playet it for maybe 10-20 hours, no crashes whatsoever. The combat took a little getting used to, but was much nicer implemented, than in the previous games, at least from my point of view.
Of course, when I bought the CE, it was patched to maybe 1.06 or so, so the game breaking bugs were mostly gone.

I don't know if it matters whether or not I have the Gothic 3 CE version or not in terms of gameplay. bugs etc. ??

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor