View Single Post

July 27th, 2007, 10:33
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
Anonymous
Ok, I will bite, give us a single piece of possibly (giving you lots of room, with possibly) credible evidence that PB was;

1. making decisions about release state status.
2. responsible for the Q&A and deciding which bugs to were priority fixes for release.
3. given a budget to buy the engine they originally requested, to make the AAA title they envisioned.
4. also I would like to see you come up with complete time table, of time spent on game development.
5. time spent on having to rebuild the engine because the publisher couldn't afford the engine they promised to fund, due to bankruptcy.
6. payments promised and payments received.
7. oh and just for grins if your really a programmer, why didn't you know devs are paid to fix bugs?

That's a short list, I have plenty more but these are all things you obviously would need to know to make half the statements you make, not including the ones you seem to be pulling out of your ass, Mr. Anonymous if that really is your name.
First of all I would like to state that I dont know the specifics of game-development. But according to my common sense and knowledge from the net:

Ad. 1 - I understand that PB did not have influence on condition of the game at the realse. But do you believe they didnt have strict date of realse on contract they had with JoWood? So if they(PB) didnt manage to fullfill their share of work then you call them victims?

Ad. 3 - I must say I am suprised that development team(PB) should be sponsored by the publisher as far as engine goes. Excuse me, are they programmers or not? Do you think that is obligatory that publisher buys engine so the developer could create game so that he(dev) would get paid more?

Ad. 5 - JoWood are banktrup? I recall interview with Rosenkratz and he stated that they(PB) wanted to achive more then they could manage.

Summing it up I think that the faulty Gothic 3 is mainly due to some flaws in concepts(free-roaming gameworld like in OB, but with living felling of previous Gothics) and organistaion of work in PB. They just overestimated themselves and couldnt end what they begun in time. It is only in good will of the publisher to give the development team more time than it was previously agreed. And as far as i know JoWood created semi-amatour group of programmers to fix the game. So it seems that they care more than PB.

nessosin

Watchdog