View Single Post

August 2nd, 2007, 09:24
@Lucky Day: i was aware of the fact that Moore does stage some situations which he then portrays in the docs as occuring spontaneously (like with him gettin' a gun with opening an bank account in Bowling for Columbine) but I wasn't aware of the fact that he deliberately left out something that's actually the central point in Roger and me. It's too bad that Moore seems to justify his means to an end while sacrificing the principles of good journalism. In my view that makes his effort to wake people up and get them thinking less strong. Thanks for the link though, I'll be interested to see it, probably have to search the p2p for it though because it won't air or be rented out at where I live.

I've been watching the series Wonder Years of late, great viewing it again after so many years. I'm a sucker for nostalgia, even when it's not actually something I particularly can share downright (not living in the States), but the feeling of lost youth, the timelessness of spending your days playing in the house or at the corner of the street not bothered by duties and the fate of the world at large, the first flutters lovesickness, the fending for yourself at school, the weird teachers. Those are universal things.

slam23

Tormented Planescaper