Thread: Morrowind Mods
View Single Post

August 4th, 2007, 23:27
Originally Posted by Sorcha Ravenlock View Post
JDR13: the official mods aren't that good, and modders have achieved so much stuff that surpasses the original mods in quality, it's not funny. I fully disagree with you here.
That's where you're mistaken. First of all, those are official plugins that add additional content to the game, not mods. Almost all of the fan made mods change\alter certain aspects of the game or they add fan made content. Unlike Oblivion, Morrowind is still a great game even without any mods. I'm merely suggesting to them to try it out without mods at first so they can experience it the way the developers intended it to be. I never once used a single fan made mod when I played Morrowind and I had a great experience.

Originally Posted by Sorcha Ravenlock View Post
I also disagree on the Gothic games being better then Morrowind. I've never finished either of them, and not just because they don't allow for any character creation. Morrowind is so much more beautiful, exotic, and simply more fun in my opinion, the Gothic games don't even come close. Let alone the lack of moddability… give me Morrowind any day.
Everyone has their opinion and I must say that I really like both series for different reasons. Morrowind is indeed very beautiful and exotic, while Gothic excels in comparison with it's A.I. and atmosphere.

Gothic didn't need moddability to be great.

JDR13

SasqWatch