Thread: Arcomage
View Single Post

October 31st, 2006, 22:56
@ubbax: thanx for the long post! I'm indeed on a XP (SP2) dual-core 2 GB machine, no software firewall but I'm behind a wireless router with build-in firewall functionality. I don't have the skills to look inside the program to learn about the way it handles hosting unfortunately and what may cause the crashing behaviour. The link to the Czech thing was very cool, I tried it and I was impressed with his work. As a game it is indeed a bit unbalanced and buggy. Maybe he'll update it sometime. If you get the original to work on XP let me know. Smart neighbor btw Don't mess with a perfect install I say…..

@magerette: I'm not sure what goes wrong. Are you able to access the download page at all? The big thing with Underdogs is that they don't allow multiple connections from 1 IP (so don't use Getright or any other download accelerator). It doesn't seem that that is your problem though.

I don't know if you know how to use eDonkey or eMule but this is a reliable link (I checked it out) to the game via P2P. I figure if you can get it from Underdogs for free it is ok to use eMule as that would indicate that it is abandonware. Otherwise I'm all for buying software as that would be the decent thing to do.

ed2k://|file|Arcomage.English.v3.0.(osloskop.net).zip|464 85152|B2E1AADFE7B27458565047ACBE1CDDDA|/

Moderators: if I'm crossing the line here please let me know, I haven't found any forum rules pertaining to this specific situation.

slam23

Tormented Planescaper