View Single Post

August 20th, 2007, 01:18
This is a good debate to have, so I'm really happy to get into this. I don't think there is a coverage regime that would suit everyone but our policy has generally been to be more inclusive, rather than less.

The specific mandate that I wrote at some point was "RPGs…bla, bla, bla…and any other items likely to be of interest to our readership".

We started covering Bioshock (at RPGDot) when all we knew was spiritual SS2 successor + Irrational + German WWII bunkers. Over time, it's changed quite considerably. To be honest, I'm not entirely clear how much of the SS2 legacy remains but Levine seems adamant the Looking Glass principles have been retained despite the FPS message.

Either way, we started covering it in good faith and I decided to continue. And I think it really is of interest to many readers, including the oldies who remember Ultima Underworld fondly and follow the Looking Glass heritage from there.

In general, I'll continue to do that. If BioWare or Chris Avellone or Van Carnegham suddenly pop up with a non-RPG, we'll probably do at least one post just for old times' sake.

——

We will be at the Leipzig GC. There is a lot to cover (probably more than E3) so we'll have to see how much depth and how quickly we can get features out…but we'll be there and we'll see The Witcher for sure.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team