View Single Post

August 23rd, 2007, 01:33
we will be looking into options for allowing users to adjust FOV settings manually
I consider user-adjustable FOV a necessity in FP games. I'm rather surprised and disappointed that they omitted it. I hope they rectify that.

As for activation: I loathe activation schemes, but I'm significantly in favor of activation schemes that allow one to manually deactivate an installation (like Adobe, and, I guess from this information, Securom) versus ones where you cannot (Microsoft Windows). Of course, I'm left with the same concern I have with any game that I buy that requires online activation (part of my dislike for Steam). Will I be able to install and play it in 10 years? 20? I play 20-year-old games now, so I may just want to do so 20 years from now. So, all in all, I'm very disappointed about this. Despite buying it, I may have to resort to black-hat means to play it someday.

It's safe to say I'm regretting my early purchase a bit. In my personal media blackout to avoid spoilers, I wasn't aware about activation and didn't notice the fine print on the box. But that's my own failure to perform due diligence before purchase. Ah well, live and learn. I'm sure I'll perk up once I start playing it in a few months.

Guhndahb

Sentinel