View Single Post

August 24th, 2007, 01:49
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
Give up copy-protection altogether?
Yes, it is exactly what I want. Like someone else pointed above, I also respect benthesa for not putting any copyprotection software on Oblivion. In the nutshell its a conflict of intrests. Whose intrests are more important? Is it those people who loyally buy your games? Or do you try to maximize the possible profit and make sure that burning the game is more difficult. The former keeps your customers happy and lessens the ammount of possible tech problems in the future, while the latter pisses of only those people who have bought your product. Maybe in the short term your game will sell more, but longer term effects on your reputation can be devastating. Or maybe i'm just talking lots of horse shit here and the copy protection softwares actually have an huge impact on sales, but as a customer this is how I feel.

Do those copyprotection software really affect much on piracy? Do they force more people to buy their games legally instead of downloading them? I've seen many copy protected games on torrent sites and they don't seem to be much of an obstacle to them.

Dez

Keeper of the Watch