View Single Post

August 30th, 2007, 16:41
Originally Posted by aboyd View Post
In the BG series, if any character died, I would mount an expedition to resurrect them. At low levels, that usually meant skimping on expenditures to save up for the costly spell. If my own character died and the game forced me to quit or reload from a saved game, I would reload once or twice. If that failed, then I would accept that my character's story ended in failure, abandon the game no matter how far along I was, and either play a different game, or roll up a completely new character.

I don't mind that if a character is beaten silly, he or she falls unconscious until the battle ends. What I mind is that reviving them is so cheap — meaning both inexpensive, and lame. In the real world, if my friend is hit by a bullet or skewered with a sword, he doesn't stand up once the villain runs away. Instead, we call an ambulance. Serious things happen. The way BG handled it felt right — you could get anybody back (except yourself) with some effort. The way IWD handled was even better, because your other team members could rescue you if you died. But it took effort.

Hmm. Icewind Dale. Mmm. Kinda want to go start up a new game with a party full of clerics….
I think I have seen David Gaider mention on one of the DA threads about this on Bioware's forum that people will not heal once they have gotten up from being
unconscious. Instead they would have to head back to base to get proper medical attention.

I also think David G mentioned that maybe & perhaps you would lose some
experience points etc. from this ??

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor