Thread: A Thought
View Single Post

September 3rd, 2007, 17:25
While reading this most excellent thread I headed over to Bioware Mass Effect's forums and found this thread:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums…2823&forum=104

The thread (or rather the posts in the thread ) discusses the ethics in Mass Effect.
One of the question is whether or not you should kill an innocent man to avoid the killing of more innocent men, women and children?

As I understand, at least from what Bioware has said, ME will present the player with a range of questions, challenging the player's morales and ethics. One of the other questions discussed in the linked Bioware thread is this one: we have 10 or 12 people. There is a virus infection going on - but you, as the leader only have 1 or 2 antidote potions. How do you deal with this?

To me, this could be very interesting to put into the Virtue system. However, ME does not have a virtue system, instead it does have a paragon/renegade system that keeps tracks of your actions.

I would like to Manhunt 2 being released with some sort of virtue system and a system that actually rewards for not killing people…but that's probably just wishful thinking.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor