View Single Post

September 4th, 2007, 06:26
Wow, really like these pics!
Up till now they have looked good but these are very impressive.

magerette
"I've never really understood why guys often play with a female avatar, but I think I'm beginning to get it."

Hehe, looks like you stumped a couple of tough guys, there magerette.

There are two reasons I am know, but there could be more.
The first is why I always play a female, if possible in any game, especially in a RPG.
There is no way I am spending 20+ hours, many cases much more as in the Witcher looking at some guy's butt, if I have a choice in the matter, since I prefer third person perspective, atm.

I have heard all the positions (afaik) about why devs can't give the option of gender choices and they are all lame and full of crap, i.e. mostly self-justifications.
Since the Witcher doesn't offer a choice, it's defiantly not a positive sign of the game.

Second I have read that some guys (mostly teens) like playing girls characters in games just to control them.
One study I read some years ago listed as an example a console beach volleyball game or similar where they did jumping puzzles mostly to watch jiggly bikinis in action, which I am not saying is a bad thing but mostly sounds like a phase.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch