Thread: A Thought
View Single Post

September 5th, 2007, 09:34
Originally Posted by Ubereil View Post
I suspect the original is the same thing, only with much worse graphics. But I don't know. I think someone who's played and finnished Lazarus should answer that. I'm interested not only on Lazarus, I'm allso a bit interested in trying Ultima 7, but I want to know if I have the "stomach" for it.

Speaking of which, I've managed to install Ultima 7 but the manual doesn't mention controlls at all. So I'm a bit uncertain on how to play the game (and that goes for journal too. Do I really need to keep my own notes? ).

Übereil
Yes, the original Ultima V has very bad graphics by today's standards. It takes a lot of patients and understanding on the player's part to work through the game. But, it is well worth the effort as it offers a story of morals that modern games don't.

Ultima 7 is very easy to get the hang of. It's mostly point and click. I think if you just fool around with it for a while you can get used to it quickly. It doesn't make use of the ethics system very deeply but it does have a great story and an amazing world. Also, the graphics are dateless. You can play it 10 years from now and still enjoy the graphics.

Korplem

Shipwreck