View Single Post

September 16th, 2007, 12:59
The games I think about in relation to Bethesda (as the creators of FO3) are:

The Elderscrolls Arena
The Elderscrolls Daggerfall
The Terminator: Future Shock
The Elderscrolls Legends: Battlespire
The Elderscrolls Adventures: Redguard
The Elderscrolls Morrowind (and expansions)
The Elderscrolls Oblivion (and expansion)

Bethesda developed and released a ton of sports and racing games internally as well, but I don't really take them into consideration as they're not related to FO in terms of genre or style.

Every single game on my list has serious flaws that prevent it from realising its potential, except perhaps for Redguard which had a modest ambition and which I didn't bother to complete. However, it seemed reasonably well done overall for what it was.

This is of course entirely my personal opinion, but I really do think the flaws in question are serious enough to instill permanent doubt in me, regarding their ability to ever create a wholesome quality experience. But hopefully I will one day be proven wrong, and given the fact that they're using a variant of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system instead of their own extremely dull system from TES games, there might be a shimmer of hope with FO3.

Too bad I'm not really into the whole post-apocalyptic setting which I find a bit too depressing. I know I'm a freak here, but I couldn't enjoy Fallout on quite the same level as most of you undoubtedly did. But as a game, it was consistently great from start to finish.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential