View Single Post

November 2nd, 2006, 21:32
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
My advice is always the same - don't get fixated on scoring. I just had a debate with one of my editors about the final score for my 'Dark Messiah' review because of some of the sub-scores … but the text of the review is very clear and supported my final number in the context of their review guide. But *their* review guidelines are somewhat different from GameSpot and IGN and so on.
My point is that this game is not getting set up to succeed nearly as much as the first game. In more ways than one. The early reviews very good but they aren't as flattering, and the game just isn't getting hyped or marketed nearly as much. It showed up on the scene with barely a peep of excitement except within the hardcore PC RPG community. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic has been getting more hype than this game. Timing is probalby a big issue too. The first game came out in Q2 and this game is coming out the same week as FFXII and only weeks before the Playstation 3. The PC desperately needs non-MMORPG's that aren't Diablo clones. Atari has been funding the worst kinds of crap that use the D&D license and they might continue to do that unless they get a strong signal from the market that this is what they want.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch