View Single Post

Default My other hobbies

November 2nd, 2006, 20:37
Another expensive and sometimes embarrassing hobby I have is target shooting. Living in IL makes it tough to find people and places that are accepting of such a hobby but nevertheless it’s still a blast, heh, oh boy. I'm a huge 1911 fan but partial to the .22lr cartridge since it's so damn cheap. I'm looking for a conversion kit for my blued Kimber Custom II to complete my very small collection. At the moment I own a Kimber Custom II .45 ACP, a beautifully customized Springfield 1911-A1 9mm stainless, and a scoped .22lr Ruger 77/22 - RP. I'm a sucker for bolt action rifles. I'm a great shot at 25 feet with a light trigger, but at 50 and beyond well… let’s just say I won't be winning any competitions anytime soon. The rifle is a tack-driver so a true measure of skill will take place at a range beyond 75 feet with really small targets; something which I have yet to do. I'm not into home defense or concealed carry debates since the guns I own are for recreation only. It's a lot of fun and I would recommend that everyone try it at least once in their life. It’s not for just hill-billies, gang bangers, cops, freaks, and murders. If used responsibly and respectfully the worst that will happen is a small burn from an ejected cartridge, something that happened to me only once and didn’t even hurt. Is anyone else here into target shooting? If so what do you have?

lostnumber

Watchdog