RPGWatch Feature: D&D Tactics Review
View Single Post
September 29th, 2007, 17:16
Exhaustive or exhaust
As for handhelds, the world has changed quite a bit …
- The DS has sold more than 50 million as I note
. It is the fastest selling console of all
- The PSP has sold nearly 25 million systems - more than the XBOX or GameCube.
- The target audience for the PSP is pretty much 'console standard' - 16 - 24 single males. The DS is broadband targeted, but has wide appeal to non-gamers and kids as well as adults.
- The top selling PSP software are the two Grand Theft Auto games, a Need for Speed game, T-rated hack-n-slash Monster Hunter games, Star Wars Battlefront, SOCOM … in other words, the same stuff that sells on consoles. T and M dominated.
- The DS top sellers have Pokemon, Nintendogs, Mario Kart, Brain Training and so on.
As for turn-based games, the excellent DS strategy games Advanced Wars DS and Age of Empires: Age of Kings both did very well. (oh yeah, and Pokemon) And on the PSP there hasn't been a solid turn-based strategy game yet, everything has been mediocre and not done well. The turn-based RPG's have done pretty well on both platforms - Final Fantasy games or that style in particular.
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
View Public Profile
Send a private message to txa1265
Visit txa1265's homepage!
Find More Posts by txa1265