View Single Post

October 5th, 2007, 16:27
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
You won't buy anything you can't hold in your hand? Gen Y doesn't care. They're buying $5 ring tones and DRM limited music for their mobile phones faster than the servers can get the stuff up. I'll bet a lot of people here have cable and, of course, everyone has internet access. Don't laugh it off as different - again, Gen Y doesn't make that distinction.
The beauty of individualism though, is that I in return don't care about the fact that gen Y is stupid enough to pay $5 for nothing (you gotta remember I'm in the "a phone should be a phone, not a phone/internet/tv/game/dishwasher" camp).

Just because the rest of the world is duped into spending money on air doesn't mean that I have to follow. I know myself well enough to know that once digital distribution is the only form of purchase I will stop purchasing. And I have a feeling that you may overestimate the entire world population's willingness to cling to a new technology very quickly (10 years or less). We'll still have boxed copy products for many years to come…

of course I could be wrong We'll just have to wait and see.

May all your hits be crits!

narpet

Sentinel