View Single Post

November 3rd, 2006, 19:54
Lord Alex: Take that guy to a gun smith!! God only knows what else might be wrong with it; I wouldn’t shoot it until it gets a good once over. When it comes to long guns I too like the low tech route, there is something about a hinge or bolt action that's more fun than a high tech SPAZ that can clear its load in half a second. As far as competition goes, a gun that you are comfortable with and shoots well should be jealously held. In the realm of bird hunting though I think you would be better served with a semi-auto, either that or a really good eye. I like the family hand down aspect, make sure you make up a crazy story for the gun when you give it to your kids. Here’s one: Remember the time that you killed a bear just as it was about to maul a frightened lost hiker. You shot it once, but so great was its strength and bloodlust that it shook off the wound and turned on you. You were convinced that you time was near its end, but thanks to your determination and skill you were able to reload and get off another round just as the bear was leaping at you with its jaws agape. You wiped the sweat from your brow as the bear drew its last breath. It was a regrettable loss of life but it had to be done.

Jaz: I had a roommate back in my undergrad days that would practice Tai Chi in our living room with his father over the weekend. He was a skinny, lanky guy with a very deliberate gait; it was almost as if he was wrapped in a bubble that slowed and distorted the very fabric of time. Needless to say, it was quite an experience to saunter down to the kitchen every weekend and see this guy swinging a sword around with his father. Just imagine a skinny guy and his pot-bellied father discussing and training in an ancient and mysterious martial art. In addition to swordplay he really seemed to enjoy busting out his Tai Chi skills after a long night of drinking, from that I learned about the turning bear stance, quite effective. I have to admit though; he really took it seriously and seemed to know what he was doing. Funny thing I discovered from all of that was if one takes the name of a natural disaster or a ferocious animal, a movement related verb, and a potentially damaging body part they can come up with a name for a Tai Chi move. For instance: Spinning dragon kick, rising cyclone punch, or leaping tiger palm. Give it a shot.

lostnumber

Watchdog