View Single Post

October 23rd, 2007, 12:42
Originally Posted by Reyla View Post
Do that many hardcore RPG gamers play on consoles? It seems like they are aiming at the wrong market. Would a PC release be more on target?
Well, I don't know. It kinda depends on the console. I think that the Microsoft consoles have always been under-represented in the RPG market, but I'm not an expert on consoles. The Playstations (One and Two) seem to have a whole slew of good RPG games and those lasted you for dozens of hours (just consider the Final Fantasies).

I think the right kind of RPG (and I know there's a heated debate between "western" RPG's and JRPG fans) would play great on a console, especially since you can pour so much time into it and doesn't necessarily have to resolve around flashy action. I don't know about anyone else, but I kinda like the way I can relax on the couch to play a game. Seems to me that would work well in that regard.

But no, most action shooters coming out these days are under 10 hours (although usually it will take me a bit longer than most with my play style), so that's why I welcome a game with which I can sit down and have some laid-back fun.

Thaurin

SasqWatch