View Single Post

November 9th, 2007, 03:44
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
We finally got around to watching Ghost Ship and it was decent—a better cast would have helped, but it was competent and had some originality to the supernatural element—maybe a 3/5.
I'll agree pretty much across the board. I guess I just gave more "bonus points" for the originality angle.

You might want to skip my "Thirteen Ghosts" rec. It falls under that same class—average cast (slightly better known than "Ghost Ship", but no Oscar performances), average script, but novel concept. That one's quite a bit more gory, which may or may not appeal.

I think one of the best parts of "Raiders" was where Indy shoots the scimitar guy. The funny thing is that the script called for a wild sword fight but Harrison Ford got some funky bug and could barely stand up when that scene was supposed to be filmed. Lucas rewrote the scene to minimize Ford's activity and you end up with one of the better scenes in the movie, IMO.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer