View Single Post

December 8th, 2007, 20:19
Lack of MP was one of the reasons cited that sales were high for BG and IWD over Planescape. The same I think was said for FO2 and System shock but don't quote me on that.

However, I've never seen any real marketing analysis on the PS:T numbers so I'm certain it was conjecture. Bio's own studies on NWN for lack of MP and worse, DM'g, were taken from online stats on their server and focus groups.

Based on this the direction of marketing the game and patches was completely changed for NWN. Obsidian took this to heart and released NWN2 in the same vein, heavily focusing on the Official Campaign to the detriment of mulitplayer. For awhile they even considered dropping the DM Client. It worked well for initial sales but its hurt shelf life. They have around 10% of the numbers playing online as NWN1 did in its first year.

That said, I don't think this will matter much for this Adventure Pack. Pirates of the Sword Coast did well because it could be played Co-Op but lack of MP certainly didn't mean good sales for NWN1's other Premium Mods. I think this will be the same.

We didn't get a definite answer on whether unique content will spill over to regular game, but more often than not if its interesting and good it will. Look at patch 1.69 for NWN.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch