What games are you playing now?

:biggrin: Tried once to play an evil reincarnation of the Nameless One in PS:T, couldn't do it.....I'm a wuss and I know it :) But I did play a neutral rogue in NWN OC, that must count for something! Neutral good offcourse......

I might just go helter skelter and try the opposite route and go totally evil this time, just for an experiment. It'll be weird, but i think that i'll give it a try. I can always start another game if it's not working out. So I have to like be a tiefling or a drow or something and really go for it and just be a total prick!

@TXA - Man, I wish my father would have been into games like you are! I had to fight tooth and nail just to get an Atari in the house!

BTW - how was that Ghosts n Goblins game???

BTW - how was that Ghosts n Goblins game???

FRICKIN HARD! But good - and while I couldn't *begin* to touch 'hard' difficulty, the easy was very helpful for most players and Normal was enough that I could surmount my 'die & retry'.

@Jaz: Wow, you are sure one heck of a Heretic veteran! Can you play the game by heart like that guy who beat all 256 levels of Pac-man?
Yes, as far as Heretic is concerend, I know where everything and everybody is. I know the same for Hexen and Doom and most other old favorites as well... which makes them ideal for replaying for a quick fix.
slam23 said:
I probably have to take an A level in speaking console, because sadly half of the games you refer to in your post are at best known to me by name :) I was already getting exasperated by the sheer amount of PC games I still have to play!
Hmmm... did I speak about so many console games? Mortal Kombat and Final Fantasy VII have PC ports just like Wolfenstein has a console port, for example (I have the Super Nintendo Wolf3D version, too), but at least Ehrgeiz and Unreal Championship are console only titles (and in case you wondered, Towers of Darkness is the name of a compilation consisting of Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Rider, Hexen and Deathkings of the Dark Citadel).
slam23 said:
Redguard action-platformer (remember that one? It was optimised for Voodoo cards.....bad investment)
I liked it. The only ES titles I didn't play were the handheld titles.
slam23 said:
And if Dark Messiah brings new life to the franchise and leads to a proper RPG again, far from me to complain obviously. It's all in the expectation factor anyway, if you expect a proper deep RPG you probably will get disappointed, if you expect a shooter and get some RPG to go with that, it's a pleasant surprise.
Little RPG elements(stats don't make an RPG, at least not for me), easy puzzles - think of it as an action adventure a la Tomb Raider. It's a nice and entertaining game so far, but it 's not as tough as, say, Hexen (which reviews compared it to).

I've deleted WoW (After 1 year of addiction) - Thank Innos.

Now I'm waiting for my Neverwinter Nights 2. :)

Half Life 2. Thank gawd for Steam's high flexibility, I practically have 2 times the system it requires, yet I can't play Gothic 3 or NWN 2 or anything new. :'(

It's hard as heck to survive these days without G3 ... hell, I can't even bare to scroll down to the point where you can see the title of the most recently posted-in thread of the G3 forum, or NWN 2 for that matter.

And things aren't getting better. No money = buh bye 1 GB, helooo oldies. Might as well load up Zork, but I'm 99% sure it'll lag :D

Tactics Ogre: The knights of Lodis

I am still playing this brilliant game too, one of the best games ever. It has true choices... really true choices you can play it through over and over again... and make different choices and you'll really see a significant differnce. Some battles are really tough, and I love that. This game is definetly on the top of my all time top 10 list.... I can't even count the hours I spent playing it.

Gothic 3 - played it for 150 hours (Myrtana only) - now I am waiting for the next patch fixing some quests bugs of the later parts of the game and the ambient sound bug.

Neverwinter Nights 2 - just arrived in Neverwinter - fun game.

Still untouched on my desk - I need more time :)
Gods - Lands of Infinity
Age of Pirates
Silent Storm 2

I'm playing Ultima V:Lazarus. It's quite fun stepping back into the Avatar's shoes.

I'm still travelling all over G3 doing assorted quests here and there while I soak up the atmosphere. Playing almost randomly is fun; now that I have most of the teleport stones, it's sort of- where shall I visit next!! :) When NWN2 arrives here, I might take a break and give it a quick spin!!

I really need to spend more time with Anno 1701 - but NWN2 keeps drawing me back ... that and the Dungeon Siege PSP game which is better than I expected!

Redguard action-platformer (remember that one? It was optimised for Voodoo cards.....bad investment)

You can download Voodoo (Glide) wrapper to Direct 3d, to play Reguard with newer graphic cards.

Right now I'm playing Need for Speed Carbon. As much as I'm into Medieval RPG's, I'm into cars and going fast. I was raised with a love for muscle cars and speed shifting, (I own or have owned several over the years, including a '68 Firebird, a '67 Firebird, a '71 Mustang, '73 Roadrunner, and a highly customized and soon to be very fast '84 Firebird) so finally seeing muscle cars in a game like this is heaven sent for me! It's a great game, looks fantastic, with more customization options than you can beat with a stick! I've definitely got a lot of great new paintjob ideas for my current project. By far the best game in the recent offerings of the franchise.

My Gothic 3 CE should be arriving any day...

The only other title I wait with anticipation is Medieval Total War II. Although never finishing Rome: TW, I still agree that it's the best strategy game ever. I bet MTWII will replace it.

The only other title I wait with anticipation is Medieval Total War II. Although never finishing Rome: TW, I still agree that it's the best strategy game ever. I bet MTWII will replace it.
Do you like turn-based as well? Do you like the Civ games?

You can download Voodoo (Glide) wrapper to Direct 3d, to play Reguard with newer graphic cards.
Vhoa, thanks for the tip! I never replayed the game due to my difficult first time around (my own fault because of bad timing, but still), so this might be a chance...

Do you like turn-based as well? Do you like the Civ games?

Actually I typically don't like turn based anything, which is why I never got into KOTOR games, despite my affection for Star Wars. The Total War series is the only exception to this view, and I have enjoyed the series immensely. The main draw for me of course is the real-time combat, but I do love playing on the campaign map.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't like the Civ games, but then again I've never tried them. Wait,... I just remembered, back in Windows 95 days I loved playing the turn based "Lords of the Realm," so I guess I have it in me somewhere. As I get older and my reflexes start slowing down ;) maybe I'll get into them more. In fact, Jade Empire, (which plays like KOTOR if I'm not mistaken) has caught my eye, though I have no real plans to buy it.

Oh yeah... how about "Oregon Trail"? That was turn based, right? LOL You know you grew up in the eighties when you looked forward to "Oregon Trail" day at school! :lol:

So, to answer your question, no, I don't like the Civ games, but then again I've never tried them.
I hadn't played them until Civ IV last year and the guys at GamerDad got me into Civ IV - I ended up playing and reviewing the Warlords expansion. It is pretty good. Of course, I've come to love turn-based RPG's as well over the years, which took me a bit coming from my FPS background.

Oh yeah... how about "Oregon Trail"? That was turn based, right? LOL You know you grew up in the eighties when you looked forward to "Oregon Trail" day at school! :lol:
You know you grew up in the 70's when ... well, when you have pictures like this:
Pong_sm.jpg

@ txa1265: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My first gaming system was an old Intellivision when I was around 7 or 8.

Back
Top Bottom