View Single Post

December 8th, 2007, 22:32
Read the books again, nessosin, esp. The Last Battle. "Proof" or not, the author makes his intent quite clear.

Originally Posted by C.S.Lewis
'Sir,' said Tirian, when he had greeted all these. 'If I have read the chronicles aright, there should be another. Has not your Majesty two sisters? Where is Queen Susan?'
'My sister Susan,' answered Peter shortly and gravely, 'is no longer a friend of Narnia.'
'Yes,' said Eustace, 'and whenever you've tried to get her to come and talk about Narnia or do anything about Narnia, she says, "What wonderful memories you have! Fancy you still thinking about all those funny games we used to play when we were children."'
'Oh Susan!' said Jill, 'she's interested in nothing now-a-days except nylons and lipstick and invitations. She always was a jolly sight too keen on being grown-up.'
I remember how I experienced it when I first read it around the age of 10 or 11, and it still reads the same way. Sophistry like the stuff you quoted won't change it: C.S. Lewis damned Susan, and his siblings and all the other characters never gave her a second thought.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO