View Single Post

December 17th, 2007, 16:49
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
I suspect some of them listen to gamers too damn much. Really good games require a strong vision from the team that's making it; trying to develop to the diktats of an amorphous "community" will only lead to mediocrity.
While this is technically true, I always feel this is used too much as a tool for "just shut up and buy our games."

I mean, we're consumers, though whether or not people giving feedback are representative of the consumerbase is an open question, of course they have to listen to us. It's a market, not an art show sponsored by some rich geezer.

But a game does need a strong, single vision. But it's precisely when you have such a strong vision that you should have no problem discussing and adapting your ideas with the community. If something simply doesn't fit, fine, ignore it, but the feedback can point out things you've missed or mistakes you're making.

I suspect that most companies that look down on their consumers (see: Bethesda) are just trying to cover their lack of vision.
Damn that page with the info, Fallout 3: A Post Nuclear Blog, is very biased sort of like propaganda, not to mention no equal time rebuttals. Get a load of the, In Defense of bethesda, post linked on the left. Well I hope we at least have a more skeptical eye on bethseda's PR this time out.
That…well…that's an interesting take, certainly.

Brother None

SasqWatch