View Single Post

December 28th, 2007, 14:49
Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
The Witcher and MoTB, by a long long way. The witcher's in the same league and with a reasonably similar feel to the first two gothics (or dare I say it, better even) and MoTB had one of the best and most atmospheric plots I've come across in a computer game for ages. I couldn't finish the original nwn2 campaign at all by comparison, utterly bland and insipid. I gave up part way through gothic 3 as well, I tried my best to like it but it just didn't really engage me, a huge disappointment after the brilliance of the first two.

I won't compare MoTB because that's not even a full game by itself, but I don't think The Witcher is anywhere near the level of the first 2 Gothic games.

When is the last time you tried to play Gothic 3? Reason I ask is because it's come a long way from being the buggy crap it was when it was first released, almost an entirely different game now with the latest patch. With what the coming 1.6 patch promises, I think it will be truly excellent.

Hellgate London is pretty bad by CRPG standards, it shouldn't even be considered for any awards. Two Worlds isn't bad, but it's not RPG of the Year material imo.

JDR13

SasqWatch