View Single Post

December 31st, 2007, 02:11
I don't think that he would ever return to the "industry" again. I also interviewed Guido some weeks earlier (he even reused the answer to the first PC Games question from our interview ) and he was quite sure about this. He does not like the commercial roadmaps that a developer has to follow in order to find a publisher or financier. Making games is not about having a vision anymore, it's more about defining a target audience, analysing the "demands of the market" and then planning a marketing campaign. In the and it's not the game designer who decides what game he wants to make, it's the economist and / or the marketing guy who give(s) the orders. There is a german collocation that I think is also known in the english-speaking countries: Too many cooks spoil the broth.

If you're interested in my interview with Henkel and capable of german, see also http://www.dsa-game.de/content/view/218/82/. He also gave some thoughts about Planescape at the end of the interview. I'm sry, but I didn't feel capable enough to translate the whole thing into english without changing the meaning of the answers too much.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel