View Single Post

January 3rd, 2008, 03:01
Finished "The Treasure Planet - Battle at Prokyon" I think this is the original, English-language title.

It's a strategy game in the same tradition or style as Homeworld and - if I'm correct - made by the makers of the second Homeworld game … don't remember it's title … no, not Homeworld 2 …

Of course, since it's a "Disney" game, it's been made much more simple - my personal impression is that the "work" factor of Homeworld had been taken out and the "simplification" moved the "fun" factor in - at least did more emphasis to it.

I like the game very much, and if you're capable of Homeworld, I think then you should definnitively get it, if you can have it for a bargain price.

Of course, since iit's a Disney game, all the characters look more "cartoonish", but I had no problems with it. The story was a bit slow, but with an interesting end nevertheless.

And no, it's not fully 3D control of your "Starships" - only 2D. That makes everything much more easier. I think … you could perhaps even use this game as a kind of "entry" into Homeworld. As kind of a training.

I can recommend it - for a bargain price surely. And since it's relatively old nowadays, it should be cheap right now, I expect.

If someone has it - I'd like to play Multiplayer with it, just to try this out.
PM me, if anybody wants to play MP with me.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR