View Single Post

January 10th, 2008, 15:54
Wow! Lots of my favorites are being read here. I'm a huge Sandman fan (eyes left, my avatar is The Sandman ), Asimov is one of my favorite authors and Foundation is a great series, and I finally got around to reading Vonnegut with Slaughter-House Five and A Man Without a Country.

I'm not proud of it, but I'm currently reading the first Harry Potter book. I have to admit I'm coming at it highly skeptical since fantasy for me is defined by Tolkien, but I've heard so many adults recommend it, that I've decided to take the plunge. So far I'm a bit disappointed since it's so obviously targeted at children, but I'm keeping an open mind and will stick with it. The series is supposed to get better and darker, more engaging in later books.

For those of you that like graphic novels, I highly recommend Lone Wolf and Cub by Kazuo Koike and Goseki Kojima. It's about a ronin assassin that is on a quest for revenge that takes his toddler son along with him in a baby cart. Sounds kind of dark and it is at times, but it's mostly uplifting and moralistic…er, in a secular way, not a right wing demagogic way.

Favorite RPG's. Ultima Underworld, Baldur's Gate, Fallout, Planescape Torment, Knights of the Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, Vampire: The Masquerade, and The Witcher.

Eliaures

Watchdog