View Single Post

January 23rd, 2008, 23:06
I'll tell you what I think would make these game feel better. Enable characters to perceive things differently. That would spice it up.

Remember the blind master in the old "Kung Fu" TV show who could anticipate your every move and beat you to the punch? Or Galadriel who observed and considered what only the wisest could perceive? Or Brainiac 5 whose super power was his amazing intellect?

I'd like to experience the feeling of an assassin's deadly insights or a cleric’s close connection with his deity. I'd like wizards to have more options than anyone else. And I'd like combat to slow down for veteran warriors who can skin goblins in their sleep.

It’s all a level playing field right now. Every character gets a turn or a twitch. Maybe roles should have a bigger impact on the game. Change that and then worry about the turns or twitches or whatever.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits