View Single Post

February 6th, 2008, 01:49
Originally Posted by Majnun View Post
But it more than delivers on what EVERYBODY by now knows it to be. Keep on the Borderlands is the perfect module choice for this engine. It's pretty much all combat all the time…what story? I don't even remember a story for Keep on the Borderlands (and it was the first PnP D&D module I ever played).

If you played the original ToEE and are STILL expecting it to miraculously become Fallout or Planescape: Torment…then I guess you're a hammerhead. A fantasy based Jagged Alliance 2? Yep (although less story, not that there was much in JA2 anyway).
I'm not judging until I play it, because I'm under the impression they've fleshed out the original "story" - but I get where Bill is coming from. KotB has no story - that's exactly what he is saying.

We know the combat system is fantastic but why can't the content include a solid story? Clearly, noone is going to create a new Fallout or PS:T but - hypothetically - why couldn't you put PS:T's content (or similar) into ToEE and end up with great combat and a great story? I'm pretty sure the engine is quite capable of supporting complex quest flags and dialogue trees so I can't for the life of me understand why choosing a deeper module to recreate seems silly.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team