View Single Post

Default What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

February 8th, 2008, 23:21
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
Easy Rider
TCM was cutting loose last night, Lolita followed by Easy Rider. Youve got a totally hippie'd-out, drugged out, haired-out Peter Fonda and a young Dennis Hopper (whom I didnt even recognize til like halfway thru the film!), riding cross-country on motorcycles, eventually picking up Jack Nicholson. This is like some kind of dream I'd have after eating Thai food or something. The cemetary acid freak out scene was…. trippy ='.'=

So finally, I see both these classics.
Truly a great movie…

A little trivia:

- The weed they are smoking in the movie is real (as per interviews with both Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda).
- The brunette in the cemetery trip scene (and with them at mardi gras) is Toni Basil - that's right… the one-hit-wonder "Hey Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Hey Mickey".
- Dennis Hopper directed the movie, while he and Peter Fonda (and one other guy) wrote it.

That movie always moves many emotions in me due to the fact that I had a somewhat similar young adulthood… along with the search for the "America" that they are looking for in the movie.

May all your hits be crits!

narpet

Sentinel