View Single Post

November 10th, 2006, 15:53
@PJ: I see your point… Honestly, I do, and I agree that the "ideal" of America, as was stated a few hundreds of years ago, has been lost in the shuffle of dollar bills exchanged by a small and increasingly wealthy minority.

However….. you miss the point in lumping the U.S. (i.e., those people who live in the geographic location called the United States) with the bad work being done by this wealthy and vocal minority. I will not dispute that Americans as a whole are uneducated compared to other countries, which (as history has shown) is a recipe for extremism. This, too, is a result of our 20th century leaders favoring "bread and circuses" over "Reading, wRiting, and aRithmetic."

Also, as Corwin so eloquently stated, words have power. Hate is a word we in America are all too familiar with and its ability to polarize is one of the main reasons the Neocons were able to take a foothold. So, if you respect the ideals of sane Americans, I would request you come up with another term that more closely fits your view of the failed experiment that is the American political system. In fact, I think just calling it a "failed experiment" gets your point across just fine. If your reaction is more emotional than that, than you have issues of your own you need to address.

Lord Alex