Sacred 2 - Preview @ GameSpy
View Single Post
February 27th, 2008, 20:04
I´m quite optimistic. Ascaron´s 2nd game is almost always (even) better than the first because one of their key strengths is the analysis of feedback and user behaviour.
Furthermore Sacred 2 will be great because it has to. Unconfirmed of course, but I´m pretty sure Ascaron is going all in with the Sacred 2 project. It either becomes a huge hit or they can sell to Ubisoft.
They have worked on their professionalism on all fronts:
- They´ve hired their own marketing manager and a community management team.
- Ascaron UK has been founded, the distribution / publishing network improved. Both leads to a better margin and/or more revenue.
- They have appointed another managing director for business stuff. The old one officially controls development.
- They have a 2nd team 200 km away work on the XBox360 conversion. (The Port Royal & Dark Star One team.)
- They have founded a daughter company for QA.
- The dialog with the community is now more filtered than before, which means less influence by the community but more stability for the project.
- Studio 2 hired a project manager from Scandinavia and Bob Bates for story or quests or so.
- They have decided to throw the Sacred 1 code base away.
- The new quest infrastructure is DB driven, to allow easy modifications in a controlled environment. Theoretically speaking the long search process through script files to find a random quest bug is history.
Join Date: Aug 2006
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Gorath
Visit Gorath's homepage!
Find More Posts by Gorath