View Single Post

March 6th, 2008, 09:03
Um, magerette? Games are play. Fun. Entertainment. Feeling guilty because you don't want to play one is silly. At most you can regret dropping fifty bucks on something you don't use, but even that's a bit pointless really. It's perfectly OK not to like epic-level D&D, you know. Did you play Hordes of the Underdark, by the way? If so, how did you like it?

Some games I have sitting on my shelf that I've repeatedly started, played for an hour or two, and dropped simply because they didn't bite:

* Baldur's Gate 2. (So sue me.)
* Myth 3.
* DOOM 3.
* Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
* IL-2 Shturmovik (sorta — I've played it a lot more than two hours, but never managed to play the campaign past the third mission or so.)
* Sacred
* X3: Reunion
* TES: Bloodmoon (Morrowind expansion)

I'm fairly certain that X3, Sacred, Bloodmoon, and DOOM 3 are complete losses for any of a number of reasons; I'll probably give the others another whirl one day when I feel like it.

And there are plenty more that I played a quite a lot, but never managed to finish — Oblivion, Gothic 3, and Crysis, to name three.

For me, though, it's not really about expectations; it is about how much I actually enjoy the game. For example, I expected more from Medieval II, but I still played and enjoyed it quite thoroughly.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO