View Single Post

March 26th, 2008, 11:21
I salute Dhruin's little beauty of a snippet —>

[Some, perhaps many, may truly enjoy this game, but it requires that you overlook a significant drawback or two, and likely requires some patience on your part to make it through. Occasionally, a game in this category has exceptional gameplay but is lacking in graphics and/or sound (or vice versa) and is still worthy of a purchase if on discount. PC Games falling in this category (and in any other) may improve significantly over time with patches.]

Well said! - sadly some newer contemporary action-rpg'ers are not quite capable of appreciating this very practical gaming viewpoint, i've played some excellent "bummers" in the past.
…………………………………………..
I loved the music, the open sound especially the acoustic bass is exceptional when listened through 5.1 surround system.

I found, whilst playing the demo, that i only had to change *ONE* item to change to role of a thief and that was the thiefs breastplate, the shoes and other items still being worn to continue in a different role. So the almost impossible wardrobe situation mentioned might not be as daunting as suggested, carrying the *least effective* clothing items could well prove to be a strategic gameplay element.
………………………………………….
Another point system from yesteryear (used in some game magazines) was to begin at 50% minimum, 75% being middle or average. This precludes that any game receives 50% for the sheer effort of making the game from concept to release.

looking forward to playing this game in depth.

Wulf

Inquisitor