View Single Post

March 26th, 2008, 23:06
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
A limited capacity inventory can be a good thing to make the player think, but considering the gothic series where you can carry the whole world in your pack-pack is somehow forgiven within the fantasy of the games. The pack-horses in Dungeon Siege II being a good example of a credible yet feasible carrying solution.
That's not my problem, it is usability that bothered me. There's no "put on thief's outfit" button, which would've been a life-safer.

Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
Anyway, thanks BN for the fairly critical but direct and informative review, this is better than pulling punches, it gives credibillity which i prefer, much better than some glossed-over (read: favourable) reviews. I believe those minor positives could just sway this game.
Like I said, I'm not going to recommend it, but I definitely enjoyed it myself despite some clear annoyances. I liked the plot and the world-building in particular. But it's pretty clear not everyone will feel that way.

Originally Posted by mag
I also appreciated your description of the horseback combat--it seems like something that's getting inserted into games lately regardless of whether it makes much sense or not. It's functionality seems appropriate here as you describe it--that is fairly realistic in implementation, but why would the designers think you would want to fight from a horse in a dark narrow alley? (Because you can, I guess). At least they gave you reasons to try to jump off and play rationally by including special dismount-only moves, similar to how Sacred handled it, IIRC.
Hard to be a God really does it better than others, but keep in mind they also simplify it down a lot, so it's not a lot of fun to do either.

Brother None

SasqWatch