View Single Post

April 20th, 2008, 20:34
@Zakhary- that's pretty much goth music. The only real difference is that Autumn is guitar-based with liberal use of effects pedals (ala shoegaze) while the majority of goth bands are keyboard based. My adventures in Goth-land are mostly limited to the "ethereal goth" neighborhood (such as "Cold Sea" fromAutumn's Grey Solace), which probably isn't what you're looking for. Sammy and Jaz are more knowledgeable about the harder end of goth. A few others here might be able to chime in, too, but it sounds like Sammy might be living the in the musical neighborhood you're looking for.

@Sir Markus- "LZG" was the cd I had. I might still have it laying around somewhere, but I just couldn't make it work for me. Not sure why. By any chance did you ever get to see The Emerald Down? They were based in Columbus maybe 5 years ago. Beautiful stuff. I heard a rumor somewhere that they might be reforming.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer